|Contact for general questions about the bridging assistance||Phone:||0800 26 23 003|
The Studentenwerk Niederbayern/Oberpfalz is responsible for bridging the gap for students at the following universities:
- Universität Regensburg
- Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg
- Hochschule für Katholische Kirchenmusik und Musikpädagogik Regensburg
- Universität Passau
- Hochschule Landshut
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf incl. European Campus Rottal-Inn in Pfarrkirchen
Students of the TUM Campus Straubing submit their online application to the Studentenwerk München for the location of the university's headquarters is decisive.
The bridging aid can be applied for online from November 2020 to March 2021 at www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de and is paid out for one month after approval. A repeat application may have to be submitted for the following month. The amount of the bridging aid depends on the severity of the financial emergency and amounts to a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 500 euros per application. If need has been proven, the applicant's account will be topped up to a maximum of 500 euros.
Background to the extension of the bridging aid
The regulations have been adapted as of April 1st 2021 to the extended term in close cooperation with the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW). The tried-and-tested basic pillars of the grant application process remain, in particular the facilitations that have been in force since winter semester 2020/2021. These mainly concern three areas:
- shortened documentation of account transactions,
- Students who are currently unable to find a part-time job due to the pandemic and are therefore in an emergency due to the pandemic will be given access to the grants and
- the extended admission of self-declarations in cases where written documents cannot be submitted in Corona times.
For all March applications, the former guidelines continue to apply. For applications from 1 April, slightly adapted directives will apply and are available to the public.
Information on the rules from April onwards will be included in the various other support materials in close coordination with the DSW, i.e. in the explanations in the application forms, in the FAQ of the BMBF and the DSW on the Internet. For general questions, the BMBF telephone hotline remains available during the summer semester.
The currently applicable FAQ should be read through each time you submit a new application.
Filling out the online application form: (date: July 2020)
It is particularly important that the application is complete and correct, because an incomplete application can only be processed with the greatest of effort or must be rejected.
Therefore, please take a careful look at this completion aid and pay attention to the information it contains and the technical advice on your application below:
In this video you will learn how to check your application status and what you need to consider for the follow-up application:
Technical Advice on how to apply online (Download)
It is essential that you submit your application completely and correctly. Any incomplete application will significantly impede the processing and payment of all applications! Therefore, please follow these and the following instructions and do not send your application until you have checked all the details carefully:
Correct name of the university
Please make sure that the name of the university is entered correctly. This is stated on the certificate of enrolment. Please do not use abbreviations so that the application can really be assigned.
Emergency situation due to a pandemic (For detailed information, be sure to read the FAQ!)
- The Studentenwerke must check the existence of a pandemic emergency. This is only the case if the pandemic has had a negative impact on your financial situation and you have fallen into an emergency situation.
- This can be the case if you have lost a part-time job due to the pandemic. Here it is important for us to be able to recognize that you really had a side job and lost it due to the pandemic. If we are presented with employer's certificates stating that the employment relationship was terminated at your request, we will find it difficult to check. Here we need a plausible explanation from you or another letter from the employer.
- If you have taken up a new job, the examination is also difficult for us, because finally a replacement income was found. If you were already in financial distress before the pandemic and the situation has not essentially changed, then we are very sorry, but then there is no pandemic emergency. In this case you can apply for BAföG or take out a KfW student loan.
- If we cannot see that your parents, grandparents or siblings are not really paying you any support or less support, then we need a declaration from them to check the plausibility of this statement.
- If you have large cash withdrawals on your accounts or if you have had larger expenses, then we need to know why. Because the situation of the financial distress was already foreseeable. Please explain the expenses in these cases so that we can understand them. Otherwise, we cannot see that there is a pandemic emergency situation.
Complete and chronological overview of the account movements of all accounts that you can access at short notice, completely from the previous month and up to the day before the application in the current month
- Please provide complete and chronological records of your account movements and the account balance for the previous months until the day before the application, ideally in one PDF document. This applies to all accounts that you can access at short notice. No information may be blacked out!
Example: Should you submit your application on November 22nd then we need the account statements from October up to and including November 21st, i.e. The account movements in November, even if you do not yet have the final account statement, must also be fully proven.
- Please make sure that we can also see that these are your accounts, i.e. Your name must be on the bank statements. You can usually see this on mobile phone screenshots, e.g. not with PayPal accounts. We ask for your care.
- Just transferring balances is not enough either. The account movements must also be checked and therefore verified.
- If we see on account statements that there are other accounts that you can access at short notice, then please let us know immediately and do not wait for questions on our part. In principle, such an application would be incomplete and should be rejected immediately.
Technical advice when creating photos
- Please make sure that the photos to be taken are well lit. Please do not cover your face with glasses, masks or cloths.
- Please make sure that the identity card (ID document) is clearly visible and not covered by fingers.
- Please make sure that the identity card number is stated correctly. Please read the numbers once again to avoid mistakes.
- Please make sure that the verification code is written in large and legible letters and photographed with the photos to be taken.
Document upload for additional claims
- Please only start to edit your application when you have all documents available for upload.
- Due to technical reasons it is only possible to edit your application once!
- Be sure to completely upload all needed documents during this one edit.
- Only if you upload all documents completely at once, we can continue with the processing of your application.
- Please also refrain from intermediate messages like "I'm uploading document XY tonight." Although this is friendly, it leads to overtime in processing your application and thus delays it enormously.
Important: If you submitted an application in the previous month, do not submit a new application in the current month until the processing of the previous application has been completed!
Only if all details are plausible and the documents are legible, the application can be processed quickly. Important: A separate (complete!) application must be submitted each month.