|Phone:||0800 26 23 003|
The Studentenwerk Niederbayern/Oberpfalz is responsible for bridging the gap for students at the following universities:
- Universität Regensburg
- Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg
- Hochschule für Katholische Kirchenmusik und Musikpädagogik Regensburg
- Universität Passau
- Hochschule Landshut
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf incl. European Campus Rottal-Inn in Pfarrkirchen
Students of the TUM Campus Straubing submit their online application to the Studentenwerk München for the location of the university's headquarters is decisive.
The bridging aid can be applied for online from November 2020 to March 2021 at www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de and is paid out for one month after approval. A repeat application may have to be submitted for the following month. The amount of the bridging aid depends on the severity of the financial emergency and amounts to a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 500 euros per application. If need has been proven, the applicant's account will be topped up to a maximum of 500 euros.
Domestic and foreign students at state and state-recognized universities who have lost the opportunity to secure their livelihood due to the Corona crisis and whose other support options (e.g. BAföG, scholarships, loans, maintenance) are not sufficient are eligible to apply.
What is new compared to the first edition of the bridging aid?
There are several improvements for the students:
- If the pandemic-related termination of the previous employment relationship cannot be provided or can be documented in writing, a self-declaration is now sufficient, from which the reason and circumstances of the termination arise.
- If the required two written rejections of at least two job applications cannot be provided, a self-declaration regarding unsuccessful applications and their rejection is sufficient
- The account statements from the previous month and from the current month up to the day before the application must now be uploaded.
- All that remains is to upload the bank statements for the accounts, which can be accessed at short notice.
The following documents must be submitted online
- the certificate of enrollment from your university for the winter semester 2020/2021
- Your identity card or an equivalent proof of identity, for example a passport with a registration certificate
- a bank account in Germany
- A declaration that you have not applied for any further pandemic-related support to cover your livelihood for the month in which you applied for this bridging aid (e.g. from emergency funds, foundations or support associations) or that you do not expect any further help from applications already made. If you receive other means that do not serve to cover your livelihood, such as support from a technology fund for your IT equipment, or operational aid for self-employed people, you can still receive bridging aid if you can be shown to be in a pandemic-related emergency.
- An explanation of why you are in a pandemic-related emergency, if available with the relevant documents: pandemic-related termination of your employment by the previous employer or a self-declaration that you will no longer be employed, or a self-declaration that family support has ceased due to the pandemic, or the documented, written rejection of at least two applications or a self-declaration about your applications and the rejections
- the account statements for all accounts (including paypal, amazon payments) to which you have short-term access, from the previous month of the application and from the current month to the day before the application. Attention: You are not allowed to black out anything on these bank statements, otherwise the application will be considered incomplete. The bank statements must be legible and your name must be clearly recognizable!
- For all other accounts to which you have no access for a short time or which do not contain any amounts of money, the following declaration is sufficient: "I assure you that I have given all details about the credit available to me on accounts and that I have no credit on other accounts. In addition, there are no available credit balances with payment service providers if these accounts are not listed (such as paypal, amazon payments). "
- A self-declaration that you can expect a successful completion of your studies
Filling out the online application form: (ATTENTION: will be updated shortly)
It is particularly important that the application is complete and correct, because an incomplete application can only be processed with the greatest of effort or must be rejected.
Therefore, please take a careful look at this completion aid and pay attention to the information it contains and the technical advice on your application below:
In this video you will learn how to check your application status and what you need to consider for the follow-up application:
Technical Advice on how to apply online (Download)
It is essential that you submit your application completely and correctly. Any incomplete application will significantly impede the processing and payment of all applications! Therefore, please follow these and the following instructions and do not send your application until you have checked all the details carefully:
Correct name of the university
Please make sure that the name of the university is entered correctly. This is stated on the certificate of enrolment. Please do not use abbreviations so that the application can really be assigned.
Emergency situation due to a pandemic
- The Studentenwerke must check the existence of a pandemic emergency. This is only the case if the pandemic has had a negative impact on your financial situation and you have fallen into an emergency situation.
- This can be the case if you have lost a part-time job due to the pandemic. Here it is important for us to be able to recognize that you really had a side job and lost it due to the pandemic. If we are presented with employer's certificates stating that the employment relationship was terminated at your request, we will find it difficult to check. Here we need a plausible explanation from you or another letter from the employer.
- If you have taken up a new job, the examination is also difficult for us, because finally a replacement income was found. If you were already in financial distress before the pandemic and the situation has not essentially changed, then we are very sorry, but then there is no pandemic emergency. In this case you can apply for BAföG or take out a KfW student loan.
- If we cannot see that your parents, grandparents or siblings are not really paying you any support or less support, then we need a declaration from them to check the plausibility of this statement.
- If you have large cash withdrawals on your accounts or if you have had larger expenses, then we need to know why. Because the situation of the financial distress was already foreseeable. Please explain the expenses in these cases so that we can understand them. Otherwise, we cannot see that there is a pandemic emergency situation.
NEW: Complete and chronological overview of the account movements of all accounts that you can access at short notice, completely from the previous month and up to the day before the application in the current month
- Please provide complete and chronological records of your account movements and the account balance for the previous months until the day before the application, ideally in one PDF document. This applies to all accounts that you can access at short notice. No information may be blacked out!
Example: Should you submit your application on November 22nd then we need the account statements from October up to and including November 21st, i.e. The account movements in November, even if you do not yet have the final account statement, must also be fully proven.
- Please make sure that we can also see that these are your accounts, i.e. Your name must be on the bank statements. You can usually see this on mobile phone screenshots, e.g. not with PayPal accounts. We ask for your care.
- Just transferring balances is not enough either. The account movements must also be checked and therefore verified.
- If we see on account statements that there are other accounts that you can access at short notice, then please let us know immediately and do not wait for questions on our part. In principle, such an application would be incomplete and should be rejected immediately.
Technical advice when creating photos
- Please make sure that the photos to be taken are well lit. Please do not cover your face with glasses, masks or cloths.
- Please make sure that the identity card (ID document) is clearly visible and not covered by fingers.
- Please make sure that the identity card number is stated correctly. Please read the numbers once again to avoid mistakes.
- Please make sure that the verification code is written in large and legible letters and photographed with the photos to be taken.
Document upload for additional claims
- Please only start to edit your application when you have all documents available for upload.
- Due to technical reasons it is only possible to edit your application once!
- Be sure to completely upload all needed documents during this one edit.
- Only if you upload all documents completely at once, we can continue with the processing of your application.
- Please also refrain from intermediate messages like "I'm uploading document XY tonight." Although this is friendly, it leads to overtime in processing your application and thus delays it enormously.
Important: If you submitted an application in the previous month, do not submit a new application in the current month until the processing of the previous application has been completed!
Only if all details are plausible and the documents are legible, the application can be processed quickly. Important: A separate (complete!) application must be submitted each month.