How does Mehrweg-to-go work?
Despite all the background information, the crucial question still arises: How do I get my meal in the canteen or cafeteria? This is quite simple!
We present to you how the reusable system from Relevo works:
1. The first and most important step of all: Download the Relevo app on your smartphone from Google Play or the App Store and register once as a user. Registration is necessary because this is the only way for the system to recognize that you are participating in the system and which reusable containers you have borrowed. Only the personal data are collected that are absolutely necessary for the use of the reusable system.
2. Order: Load the app and have your meal served in the free Relevo reusable tableware. There are no additional costs for you; Nor do you have to pay a deposit for the reusable tableware! You only have to actually pay the prices for the meals that are also shown in the menu. We do not charge a surcharge for the use of reusable dishes!
3. Borrowing: QR codes are printed on the dishes. Scan the QR code on the dishes and show your scan confirmation to our employees.
4. Enjoy: Enjoy your food without deposit and with a clear conscience wherever you want. The dishes are stable and come with a lid and keep your food safe and warm even in cool outside temperatures.
5. Return: Return the dishes in the canteen or our cafeterias with food offerings to the return stations provided within 14 days and confirm your return by scanning the QR codes provided on the posters.
Important: You can use the Relevo reusable tableware free of charge within 14 days. During these two weeks you will be reminded of the return period several times in the app and by email. After that, Relevo will invoice you for a bowl not returned on time for € 10 and a mug for € 5, because if the dishes are not returned, the dishes are considered bought. This should enable a constant cycle: After all, the containers shouldn't pile up in the office or at home, because then they'll be missing from in the canteen or cafeteria. It is therefore very important that the bowls and cups are actually handed in after the scanning process and are not taken away again. The reusable system cannot work in the long term if the Studentenwerk lacks scanned bowls and cups. Taking away bowls and cups that have been handed in is theft, as they are only on loan and are owned by the Studentenwerk. Please take this to heart when returning the reusable tableware!
Our explanatory video summarizes the ordering process again step by step:
It's that easy to save the environment with Mehrweg-to-go!